Sunday 28 January 2007

Rahul Dev Burman: Darling Darling (1976)

Darling Darling

Yeah, I've been misled by cover artwork before, but one look at this and I knew 'Darling Darling' had to be fun. Which it is. The great feel-good title track, both versions of 'Woh Aurat Hai', 'Raat Gai, Baat Gai'... I've seen this described as a lesser Burman soundtrack... there's none of the typical/topical funk or disco elements on it, but I don't care, I think it's grand.

Track listing:
1. Kishore Kumar & Asha Bhosle: Hello Darling
2. Kishore Kumar: Woh Aurat Hai, Yeh Hai Sharab
3. Kishore Kumar, Asha Bhosle & Chorus: Raat Gai, Baat Gai
4. Kishore Kumar & Asha Bhosle: Ek Main Hun, Ek Tun
5. Kishore Kumar: Aise Na Mujhe Tum Deko
6. Kishore Kumar: Woh Aurat Hai, Yeh Hai Sharab

15 comments:

  1. Very enjoyable! The title track in particular put a big smile on my face. Thanks!
    I don't understand why anybody would consider this a lesser album.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this blog. Glad to have found it. I shall add a link from my site.

    Keep on keepin' on,

    The Good Heads

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great blog! Just discovered it, and am looking forward to digging into some old Bollywood gems (and maybe some not-so-shiny stones).

    For a little Bollywood and lots of other strains of "world music," check out my wee blog atSoundRoots .org

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the great albums you have put up i've been searching for a copy of dharmatma for ever and stumbled upon your blog a very wonderful public service for all you sir are a gentleman and a scholar.big ups thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  5. This soundtrack has one of my top 10 favorite Kishore Kumar Songs, Aise Na Mujhe Tum Dekho, thanks a bunch letting me hear the vinyl version, it's pretty amazing. Interesting that the CD has for it's 6th track a number by Kishore called Yeh Duniya Ek Pagal Khana Hai (O Laila).

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, I just found the goldmine for Bollywood tunes online:

    http://mp3.unlimited-xs.com

    Unassuming looking site, but there's 17 gigs of tunes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey,
    Don't think because no-one is commenting that we don't want anymore.....we do:)

    Great shares, keep 'em comin

    ReplyDelete
  8. hallo my god!
    good work!!!!!!!!!!!
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,

    Just wanted to say I really like your blog. I know it's frustrating there are lots of downloaders and few comments, but keep up the good work, you've been posting some great stuff! Looking forward to Dhongee (If and when you post it.)

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one's link seems out of whack. Every other seems fine (again, thank you!).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Link seems to be working fine from this end...?
    Yup, Dhongee will be posted at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  12. pc, can you reup this album please?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh!

    So many thanks :D

    You are just great ...

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks like the movie would be quite fab as well....

    ReplyDelete