Saturday 30 December 2006

Rahul Dev Burman: Kati Patang (1970)

Kati Patang

Rounding off 2006, here's another great R.D. Burman score. From Lata Mangeshkar's atmospheric 'Na Koi Umang Hai', via the cool Indian bossa of Kishore Kumar's 'Pyar Diwana Hoya Hai' and Asha Bhosle's nightclub number 'Mera Naam Hai Shabnam', to the huge hit 'Yeh Jo Mohabbat Hai' (Kishore Kumar again), 'Kati Patang' is a true Bollywood classic.

And there's plenty of dialogue on the soundtrack for those of you understand Hindi (or, like me, just like the sound of it).

Track listing:
1. Lata Mangeshkar: Na Koi Umang Hai
2. Kishore Kumar: Pyar Diwana Hota Hai
3. Asha Bhosle: Mera Naam Hai Shabnam
4. Mukesh: Jis Galimen Tera Ghar
5. Kishore Kumar: Yeh Sham Masatni
6. Kishore Kumar & Lata Mangeshkar: Aaj Na Chhodenge
7. Kishore Kumar: Yeh Jo Mohabbat Hai

11 comments:

  1. You are my new best friend. This is great. How are you getting the images of the album covers? They look better than scanning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. They are in fact scans of the LP covers, scanned with a high resolution.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a fan of Burman's and have really enjoyed some of your great uploads here. This one, however, seems plain impossible to download. I've tried a couple of hundred times during the last four days, but every time Megaupload tells me that the slots for my country are full, and insists that I download a crappy toolbar instead that reeks of spyware and that I most definitely do not want. Is there any way around this?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bugger megaupload! I've just changed it to Easyshare - hopefully that'll work better. (and I'll change the previous posts to Easyshare as well later tonight).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually, strike that... something went wrong with the upload... I'll do it again later on (in a few hours)

    ReplyDelete
  6. la mujer es igual que lola flores

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kati Patang is back online :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Got it now! Thanks!

    (The Burman fan above)

    ReplyDelete
  9. this link seems to have been disabled somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! These are all amazing. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete